Hi, I’m Lukas.
I had a good career, good prospects and a good life. But I wasn’t happy. At one point, someone asked me the same question above. The answer was “No”. I wouldn’t leave behind much that is close to my principles and what I care about, I would leave behind mainly materialistic things that don’t matter.
So I changed that. Quit my job and now I’m travelling around the world, learning, discovering, helping, enjoying and trying to get to a point, where I can answer “Yes” to that question.
This is just the beginning, I still can’t answer “Yes”, but I can say I’m now working towards that. I can say I tried, if I died at this moment. Already better than “No” 🙂 Seeing, trying, experiencing and learning many different things, that I wouldn’t otherwise if I stayed in my comfy place with a good job. One or more of these things will change the answer to “Yes” at some point. Oh, and I’m not planning on dying for a long time, just to make that clear!
I organize my life around these values:
- Care (about animals, about others, about nature, about myself)
- Learn (never stop learning and improving myself)
- Challenge (push my boundaries, don’t get too comfortable in life)
- Enjoy (don’t forget to enjoy myself, it’s not all work and serious stuff!)
- Provide (be self sufficient, work for myself, don’t rely on payslip from someone else)
Anything to say? Talk to me: